2008 Evinrude ETEC40
You don't need a degree in physics to understand what's so great about the mid sized Evinrude E-TEC outboards. It's easier to move a light object than a heavy one. With the E-TEC 90 HP model coming in nearly 100 pounds lighter than the competition, this is one strong engine that wants nothing more than to get up and go.
- CARB 3-STAR COMPLIANT: Ultra-low emissions rating is the industry's best. No four-stroke is cleaner.
- E-TEC DIRECT INJECTION: Better fuel economy, easier starting, lower emissions, and ultra-smooth performance.
- THREE-YEAR NON-DECLINING LIMITED WARRANTY: the most peace of mind the industry offers.
- E-TEC LUBRICATION SYSTEM: No mixing oil and gas. No need to ever change engine oil. Complete combustion prevents any oil from escaping into the environment.
- BORON-NITRITE HONED CYLINDER BORES: No slow-speed break-in period necessary.
- SUPERIOR SOUND QUALITY: Idle air bypass circuit, acoustically tuned air intake and exhaust silencers, a 3-dimensional acoustic foam lining for a quieter-running engine.
- S.A.F.E.: Speed adjusting Failsafe Electronics: An information and alarm system which reduces engine rpm in case of emergency to prevent engine damage and protect your investment.
- NO VALVES, NO BELTS: No valves to adjust, no belts to replace - takes low maintenance to an entirely new level.
- INTELLIGENT ALTERNATOR: Variable voltage computer controlled alternator provides abundant electrical power for charging your batteries and running onboard electronics.
- ROBUST GEARCASE AND PROPELLER: Strong, durable components increase durability and engine life.
- FRESHWATER FLUSHING PORT: Engine can be flushed in or out of the water, running or not, in your slip or in your driveway.
- Model #: E40DPL/E4
- Color: Blue
- Weight: 240 lbs. (109 kg)
- Shaft Length: 20 in. (508 mm)
- Gear Ratio: 2.67:1
- Starting Method: Electric
- Trim Method: Power Trim
- Fuel Induction: E-TEC Direct Fuel Injection w/ stratified low RPM combustion mode
- Displacement: 52.7 cu. in. (863 cc)
- Lubrification: E-TEC Auto Lube
- Limited Warranty: 3-Year Non-Declining
- Recommended Oil: Evinrude/Johnson XD100™ Oil
- Engine Type: Inline 2-Cylinder E-TEC
- Steering: Remote or Accessory Tiller
- Recommended Fuel: 87 Octane
- Degrees of Trim/Tilt: 75 Degrees
- Propshaft HP: 40 HP (30 kw) @ 5500 RPM
- Alternator Output: Variable Voltage Computer Controlled 75/25 Amp/1100 watt output
- Emissions Compliance: CARB 3-STAR / EPA / European Union
- Trim Range: -6 deg to +15 deg
- Bore x Stroke: 3.6" x 2.558" (91 x 66 mm)
- Cooling: Pressure & Water Temperature Controlled
- Full Throttle RPM: 5000 - 6000 RPM
- Engine Type
- Inline 2-Cylinder E-TEC
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.6" x 2.588" (91 x 66 mm)
- 52.7 cu. in. (863 cc)
- Shaft Length
- 20 in. (508 mm)
- 240 lbs. (109 kg)
- Trim Method
- Power Trim & Tilt
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 40 hp (30 kw) @ 5500 RPM
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000 - 6000 RPM
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- Fuel Induction
- E-TEC direct fuel injection w/stratified low RPM combustion mode
- Variable Voltage computer controlled 75/25 Amp/1100 watt output w/regulator
- Pressure & Water Temp Controlled
- Remote or Accessory Tiller/Tiller Standard
- 3 Year Non-Declining